View Single Post
      12-09-2019, 12:13 PM   #135
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGatsby View Post
It's comparing apples to oranges. What makes the E92 M3 so great is the fact that it is a track beast, yet an elegant and comfortable daily driver. The feel of the leather, the carbon fiber bits, the machined wheels, all form together a beautiful car that shines just as well on a grocery run as it does on the track.

This is something you will not get with the CTR. While it may be quicker around the track, it is still a Honda Civic. It is a whole different breed and class of vehicle.

I digress, it all comes down to what you prioritize in a car. If track speed and gas mileage trump all else, perhaps the CTR is the right car for you. If design, quality, and engine is most important, stick with the M3. Figure out what you want out of a car, and then go towards the one that fulfills those needs.

Personally, I would never consider selling my car for the CTR for the simple fact that it will feel like a step backwards. A car is an extension of self, and when I am behind the wheel of my M3 I just feel fantastic. The CTR will never be able to match that pleasure no matter how quick it is on paper.
The stock M3 as a track car is pretty underwhelming- I wouldn't call it a "track beast" unless you mean parking lot hard parking. I drove it stock on track and now my car is not very stock.

The things that you mention like leather, machined wheels and such are detriments on track. I've replaced the leather seats for cloth Recaro buckets that actually hold you in rather than stock seats that have zero support. The stock wheels replaced with wheels that are more light weight and can fit wider and stickier tires. Soft stock EDC suspension for track focused aftermarket suspension etc.

You'd need many modifications to make the M3 a "track beast".. out of the box it's very much a comfortable daily commuter car and no where near what you get with more track focused cars you can buy straight from the dealer now.