View Single Post
      01-21-2016, 07:51 AM   #3064
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfive View Post
If I may ask, why do you like it more than the Wolf? I'm headed in the opposite direction - just ripped out Thermador in preparation for Wolf.
The Thermador heats quicker than the Wolf did, probably because of the star pattern of the burners (and they look really great too). I was surprised how quickly my water boiled the first time I used it.

And little things like the knobs feeling more substantial make it feel more upscale (my dealer threw in blue metal knobs as well as the SS ones). This one has 5 burners instead of 4 which is hard to find in such a small range. It's also 1000x easier to clean. I've always hated cleaning the stove, and I hate dirt, and now it's not so bad cleaning after cooking.

My Wolf also had a lot of issues from day 2 (seriously, the 2nd day I had it), I'd get an odd gas smell when using the oven which happened more and more frequently, the Wolf repair guy never really fixed it, he changed a lot of parts, but never fixed it completely. Now that Bosch owns Thermador, I expect it to be pretty reliable, so far we're off to a good start together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Curious as well. I have a 36" Wolf 6 burner and while i like it, there are some things i don't like about it as well.
I would have loved to be able to have a 36" Thermador, but it would mean reconfiguring the entire kitchen and trying to match the marble. But a 36" Wolf (as long as it works well) must be nice. If my Wolf was reliable like most I would have kept it, I didn't hate it, I just like this one a lot better