Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post

Finally, what you call "haranguing", I call customer feedback. This is one of the largest bmw forums in the world, and an extremely valuable source of customer feedback that they get for free.

I hope they're at least reading, even if they ultimately choose not to do anything about it.
Meh, you have to remember that those on a dedicated BMW forum are going to be a very small minority of the overall customer base, not to mention that the bulk of the members here did not buy a new BMW, but rather a used one, for which BMW makes no money and doesn't really care about.

There are currently about 377,000 members here, but if you look at the last 20 years or so, BMW has sold around 48 million cars. That means that we represent only about 0.7% of the customer base, and that is factoring in used cars. I imagine that for new car sales, the percentage is even smaller.

BMW is never going to spend so much R&D to cater to less than 1% of the customer base, it would just be bad business.

I highly doubt they spend any significant amount of time looking at any forums, let alone this one. I could be wrong, though. Who knows.