View Single Post
      11-08-2018, 09:47 AM   #24
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

so to expound on my semi-flippant comment above, i think the premise of this thread is faulty. the cars BMW are building do not diverge from the needs and wants of most of its customers. their sales figures are the best proof of that.

the curmudgeons on the forum (i put myself in this group) are not their priority anymore. sure, they'd like to keep as many of us as possible, and they will try to throw us a bone here and there like the M2 and the F8x CS and GTS...but they won't be maniacal about designing their products for us. that's truly why they keep missing the mark, in my opinion.

right now they are attempting to play both sides of the fence, which is to try to keep their brand as "the ultimate driving machine" while in reality trying to sell tens of thousands of cars to people who really want a more luxe Nissan Altima or Maxima. and that's fair enough, although bitterly disappointing.

really, the biggest threat to BMW US sales is the increasing cost of money and the threat it poses to BMW's ability to push sales through lease subsidies.
Appreciate 0