View Single Post
      04-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Hmm, I got it and LOVE it. Who did you use and what clear bra did you get? Mine is VentureShield. I saw some other cars that had it (installed by the same people I ended up using) and except when I looked at the edges of the film, on both their cars and mine I couldn't tell it was there even from inches away after I was told it was there! Sorry you had bad luck, but don't let that sour you on clear bras. They're a wonderful thing, especially with the soft paint BMW uses these days. I'd ask for a reinstall or get a refund and go somewhere else.

Note that VentureShield is only rated to stay clear for 4 years. At that point you can have it professionally removed and reinstalled though. Other than that, the only things I've noticed are that some bug splatter has gotten stuck onto it so there are a couple tiny grayish cloud areas, but you wouldn't notice them unless I pointed them out, and they might not have gotten there at all if I washed my car more. Fyi, VentureShield recommends that you wash your car at least once a month after you get it installed.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 04-23-2012 at 08:10 PM..
Appreciate 0