BeaterM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335XI (sold)/E92 M3 (sold)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilinaitor View Post
I'm in the market for a new manual Bmw M car, the ones I want the most that are in my price range are an e46 m3, m39 m5, and a e90/92/93 m3. I've looked into the cars alot and I love the e92 the most but from what I found I'm not sure if I can afford to maintain it. I found a few with the rod bearings and the throttle actuators done and a few that have oil tests that say their still good but those cars are all in the 100k-200k km's(60k-124k miles). I'm looking at dailing these and I drive about 27000km's(16700miles) a year. I just mainly wanted to know if you guys think the e92 is the best one for me to go with or not, and also what would I be looking at in things that commonly go wrong other than the rod bearings and the throttle actuators.
Just from hanging around the forum for the past few months, the top expenses for this car are Oil changes, gas, brakes and tires. And all 4 of those depend on how hard and much you drive.

Like all BMWs, valve cover gaskets and coolant reservoirs could be your nemesis. Depend on how bad the gaskets are, you can get away with not replacing for a bit.

Honestly, besides the RB and TAs (if you have a DCT, they can leak), the car seems like a pretty solid beast. I've heard of way more common problems inflicting 335i (even N55s).
Appreciate 0