View Single Post
      04-15-2024, 05:01 AM   #28
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapbob View Post
Could you explain a bit more on what levels of coverage is ? Higher deductible I get. But what else can lower premium ? I am new to Fla and don't know what companies are good here. House insurance in Fla is crazy hurricane inflated!

Hap
First things first, when I lived in FL I insured my house through KIN, they were able to keep the same coverages I had in place but for much, much cheaper. Insuring a home in Florida can definitely be a challenge, but it can be done unless you're somewhere where Citizens is your only option. I was in Pinellas county.

As far as coverages go, let's take something like Property Damage Liability on an auto policy for example. FL state minimum if I remember correctly is 10K. You can take out a policy with PD liability of the state minimum of 10K, or you can have 50K of PD liability coverage, or 100K, you get the idea. Each amount of protection is going to cost you more or less, depending on what you want. And obviously, you're assuming more risk the less coverage you purchase. There quite literally is no such thing as 'full coverage' in an auto insurance context, don't let any agent tell you differently. Sure, you can have a policy with the same types of coverages, but the amount of coverage you have inside of each coverage type is also important. Think of your insurance policy like a buffet line, that's the best analogy I can come up with. Hope that makes sense, if not feel free to PM me. BTW I am not an agent, I work on the claims side of things but I know just enough to be dangerous.

Last edited by Chihuahua; 04-15-2024 at 05:13 AM..
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15808.00