10-02-2019, 08:44 PM   #10437
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4hand View Post
Aww crap I didn't know a fellow m3post'r was gonna be there. Did you see me in the Interlagos Blue E92? Was my first track day and man it was great. Learned a lot and already planning my next one!
I remember seeing one, yeah. How did it go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4hand View Post
What would you guys suggest for seating? I found that my last track day I was having some bad back pain from the bolster digging into my side and having to brace hard for left turns. I wanted to get a fixed back bucket (OMP TRS-E XL) but I was reading I would need a hans device to use a 5 point harness correctly.

I don't want to spend too much money on the car right now, I just want seat time until next year (building a house ATM). Any tips?
Find a local race shop that stocks lots of seats. Go sit in them all...for like 20 minutes each. And yes, if you're going to run harnesses, get a HNR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM135 View Post
How do we feel about tracking a 275 mounted to a 10.5" wheel - it looks like its stretched too much IMO - don't want the tire to come off the bead on a hard corner - my old set up I ran 275 on a 10" wheel.
It will look stretched versus a 10", yes. Supporting the tire is key and a 10.5" on a 275 isn't too bad. Nitto shows you can run up to an 11" wheel on a 275-width NT01, for example.