10-07-2010, 11:19 AM   #35
Lodaka
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoE46 View Post
Any updates from the dealers? My car is making the same exact noise. Anybody find it weird that the sound is loudest from the driver side wheel well?
The update is pretty much no update so far. I am driving around in a 328i xdrive given to me as a loaner. Nice car, but no M3.

When I spoke to the dealership at the end of yesterday, the service advisor told me that there are procedures that need to be followed and they need to get some sort of permission from some other rmain office to look deeper into the engine. So leaving out Sunday (service technicians also work on Saturdays), they had Friday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to do something and nothing was done. I asked him why it was taking five days to get this permission, and he couldn't answer.

I wouldn't mind if the actual repair were taking this long but I am just frustrated that they have it for almost a week and they haven't even started looking. I also hate it when they say: "I will call you tomorrow and let you know how it's going" and they don't.

As for the other question, I didn't realize this at first but I think rev'ing does increase the frequency a tad. I can't test it now but on my way to drop the car off to the dealership, I did notice that whenever I started off from a standing position, I noticed that the frequency went up. I couldn't test this enough to be 100% sure about this, as I could only test it when there was some sort of barrier right against the side of the car... i.e. easier to hear the clicking noise.

I will ensure to post an update if I hear something.
Appreciate 0