12-01-2007, 04:36 PM   #156
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbb357 View Post
I've been saying this from the begining. No software out there can really replicate "launch techniques" because it's a human factor. Reaction times makes a huge difference. Like the example that i've posted in the "regression thread", when i took my car in a track the best 1/4 mile that i got was 15.9 & 16.0. But when my friend drove my car who is much more experience than i am, he was able to do 15.4 and 15.5. The same applies to a track course, the driver factor will significantly have a huge difference on how fast or slow a car will perform.
Wrong.

If you want a deterministic simulation (do you know what that even means...?) to be a stochastic one, then no, this particular software does not do this auotmatically. However, putting a human into the "equation" is all you are asking for, and this can easily be done by computer. Next 0-X speed times are completely independent from reaction time, the clock only starts ticking once the car starts moving. Reaction time is simply irrelevant here. It only becomes relevant for the human at the drag strip, never for a simulation.

You just keep missing the poing, which is what about half of the earlier part of the thread was about. Multiple people pointed this out to you and you earlier and you are still oblivious to it and KEEP MISSING THE MAIN POINTS.
Appreciate 0