View Single Post
      03-09-2016, 01:55 PM   #24
spiderspider
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 DCT, 991 C4S, E46 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj157681 View Post
No. I am at 38k and thought I will do it around the 50k mark. But now I am planning to do it at the next oil change.

BTW when I went to pick my car up I told the SA that the heat expansion theory was BS and I don't buy it. He just gave me a smile. He said BMW will not pay them to go deeper to open up the engine or do the bearings until an issue is found. He said drive the car hard and if something is wrong it will get worse within the next 2 months.

Another thing I am completely pissed about is they said they test drove the car for 5 miles but when I look at the trip computer the mpg has dropped to 15.8 mpg. I remember resetting my trip computer at the last gas fill and had driven for around 200 miles before I dropped it at the dealer. Before dropping it off the mpg was 17.5. I am completely baffled how can it drop to 15.8 if they drove it for 5 miles. I would have to drive the shit out of the car to drop like that within 5 miles. I am so fucking pissed . It makes me sick to the stomach at the thought that those assholes could have possibly redlined my car at cold start. I have taken so much care of this car and never revved past 3k before the temp hits 210...this just fucking sucks.
chill pill, man. i think you're getting yourself worked up over nada so far.
Appreciate 0