View Single Post
      12-26-2019, 08:54 AM   #7
JPWEraser
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06/Z07

It's hard to burn paint with a DA but it's a remote possibility. You shouldn't be imposing much pressure on the DA as it loses its effectiveness - DAs lose rotational speed when you bind them up with excess surface friction.

One problem I have with your method is you did a chemical decon AFTER you did a mechanical decon. Should be the other way around. You want to take as much off of the surface of the car as you can before any mechanical action.

There is nothing wrong with the orange pad. It's hard to recommend a process without seeing your paint and metering it. I would recommend to start with the least aggressive combo you can and work from there. I think you'll find that your correction results using this method are better than you thought they would be. In all my years of detailing most people are highly pleased with a 80-85% correction (max 2-3 passes on a less aggressive combo). When you go chasing a 90%+ correction you have to go more aggressive and then the follow up passes are mostly correcting the marring left by the aggressive pass anyways.

Less aggressive is good until you have the experience and tools built up to make an informed decision on your correction plan.
Appreciate 1