Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by son_of_siggy View Post
Had a 2012 STi. Love the funky look of them, even with the wing. This new concept looks excellent. What I can't stomach is a 4cyl that gets 20mpg highway. Yes, I understand the engineering it takes to get that much power out of 2.5l, but in an age where a 4-wheel drive full size truck can get 21mpg I think there is room for Subie to step up the game.
This thinking is exactly what is killing the auto industry for enthusiasts. The STi is a high performance car with a very large turbocharged 4cyl engine and full time AWD. It's rated at 23mpg highway. You are looking at the wrong car if you're trying to save at the pump. Don't come back and complain when the next STi has an 8 speed automatic...

It's also pretty dumb to compare a high performance model of one model to the low performance model of another. Yes, a V6 Ford F150 4x2 is rated at 23mpg highway but the performance model (SVT Raptor) is rated at 16mpg highway.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0