View Single Post
      03-19-2019, 06:06 PM   #11
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatth View Post
I've seen $1500 in labor if including the side gaskets, which requires at least tilting the transmission down. The bottom pan alone might be $250 in labor.
Fluids and filters, I think $250 on ECS. If you want SSP viton seals/gaskets, those are $400 (side and bottom). I think the Slon pans, if you wish to go this route over gaskets, are $900 for bottom and $600 for the side.

So the low end would be $1200 or so (if you can find a cheap shop that can do the side without much more labor, and go with SSP gaskets) and the top end would be just over $3K with the billet pans and full labor. Note that the premier local shop to me cautioned against the small-hand approach to the side gasket because you aren't sure that you are seating the gasket perfectly all around.
Wow, phenomenal information here. Thank you! Unfortunate that this is so expensive... I have recently done Rod Bearings ($2,600), Oil Filter Housing Gasket & New Coolant lines and flush ($1,000), Spark Plugs ($550), Underbelly pan ($500), tail lights & headlights ($180), tires, etc.. and still need to do valve covers. I knew what I was getting into but this transmission issue flat out sucks.. Hopefully I can wait a few weeks or months and get by with a top-off this week on DCT fluid and give me time to decide on what path to take for the pans..
Appreciate 0