07-30-2018, 08:36 PM   #14
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3MPH1S View Post
Yeah, no doubt they make good race setups. I know the GT-R kits are some of the best as far as steel brakes go. I've just always been slightly turned off because it seemed there was a "brand name" tax. And seeing kits like this just makes me think show off, not performance

The GT-R setup is nice, but is still somewhat targeted at street use. Too blingy for my tastes.

Look at their Club Race setups. Those are legitimate race car brakes. Not cheap, but they ditch the showy paint jobs and other street-focused features in the name of maximum performance. You can also get those bridge cooling and disc pressurization setups.

http://www.rogueengineering.com/Brem...ems_c_242.html

(the E92 front kit is about $7k)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3MPH1S View Post
I've never measured temps, but I seem to be able to keep sufficient heat. I do always have to do some excessive prep braking on the first lap out though. I'm just running 200tw currently (ZIII). Tire temp and similarly caliper/rotor temp is on my shortlist of things to start monitoring.
If you haven't measured temps, how do you know you're keeping sufficient heat in them?

I have to wonder if you've got too much pad in there. Buy a set of the temperature decals and get the thermographic paint for the rotors. This would also help you see if you're boiling the fluid.