View Single Post
      07-30-2018, 04:11 PM   #1
M3MPH1S
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Thoughts on (new?) 4 piston Brembo retrofit BBK

I saw this 4 piston Brembo retrofit BBK in another thread that I've never seen before and wanted to hear y'alls thoughts on the idea of using this as a cost-conscious setup with a small performance gain.

https://freakyparts.co.uk/collection...-big-brake-kit

Without any pads the kit is £600, plus shipping to the US is about £50, so that comes out to about $850 shipped. You can also add Ferodo, Carbotech, and Pagid pads for extra money but it seems cheaper to source those domestically.

What I'm wondering is how well this will perform compared to the stock calipers. I'm guessing better, but I was thinking if it's 4 tiny pistons vs our 1 massive piston it might be the same/worse. It looks like it might save some weight too. Of course the biggest advantage is that since it fits OEM rotors, I can buy them through FCP Euro and replace them for free (minus return shipping cost).

Edit: Adding/consolidating some preface information

Reason for consideration of this kit is because I have almost 150k miles on the OEM calipers/pistons. I currently use Pagid RS19 pads and haven't had any issues with fade or not enough braking power, but have had issues with mushy pedal feel for the first 1/4 to 1/3 of the brake pedal travel. I already have SS lines (front/mid/rear) and using Castrol SRF, and bleeding/flushing doesn't seem to help.

Last edited by M3MPH1S; 07-31-2018 at 05:10 PM..
Appreciate 0