Sully1Time
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' MR440i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4pet0wn View Post
Realistically how was the install.. I have done CAI's on other vehicles so in theory this should be cake right? Could you give a quick recap of your install process pls?
It was extremely simple, i did it without any kind of instructions.

1) Remove all the Torx bolts then lift and pull the lid towards the fender, the front left corner of the airbox lid fits under the air duct from the grill so it cannot be lifted straight up, has to go towards the fender a bit
2) loosen all clamps
3) Squeeze the clamp that holds the small hose to the elbow, it comes right off
4) Push the spring loaded post back that keeps the filter from wobbling around and lift filter, elbow and coupler out of the box/off the intake plenum

5) I put the filter, elbow & coupler together on the work bench
6) Set it close to it's final position, make sure the coupler is fitting all the way around the intake inlet
7) Once the coupler is around the intake inlet, with a slight push of the spring loaded button to allow the filter to fall, it falls right into its home
8) Make sure all the clamps will end up where you want them when tight and tighten them up
9) Put the airbox lid back on, be careful not to over tighten the torx bolts as they will strip out very easily.
10) Put the small hose back on the elbow, it has a slight click when properly set

It should take no longer the a half hour, i cleaned the inside of the box out while everything was apart.