10-31-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
ortho281
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhouck View Post
You will be fine, though (as you may be aware) those RS3s will have definitely fallen off noticeably in grip by now due to the number of sessions. I tend to run them down as well, but they definitely fall off a lot compared to new.

And FYI you can fit four unmounted 275 RS3s in the backseat of an e92. Not sure if you have tried yet (I have done four in the back seat and then tools/etc in the trunk). It's a tight fit but doable.
This is my first set of RS3's and my lap times are still improving, so not sure if grip is down and driving is getting better, or vise versa. I usually drive (1hr, 15 mins) to track on my streets and change to RS3's (in back seat) at track. So no more room for new tires. I guess I could also drive up on RS3's and take new set as you mentioned.

Akra GT4 / MS Stage 2 / MS UDP / BPM Tune / KW CS / H&R Sways / TMS Delrin / ST 380/355 BBK / Cantrell 2.5" Ducts / SR34 Pads / Apex Arc-8 / Hoosier R7's / Mode GT4 Splitter / GT4 Canards / APR GT-250 Wing / Cantrell Half Cage / Recaro Pro Racer / Schroth Profi II-6 / BMW Alcantera Wheel / Cool Shirt / ESS Fire Supp / Solo DL
Appreciate 0