View Single Post
      10-26-2020, 06:43 PM   #163
VictorH
Major
Rep
Drives: '09 M3

10,000 mile update!
Well, as everyone knows on the street the solid subframe bushing have no downside. And, in fact, in my street driving I can't tell one whit of difference either positive or negative. I think the "the rear feels more planted" on the street is placebo effect.

However, I can absolutely confirm one place where it absolutely makes a difference. Ran VIR last fall and didn't really think about it until I ran VIR again just this past weekend. Those of you who know the track know that at the start-finish line the pavement is uneven and when you come down the front straight with a big head of steam and under full-throttle deep into 4th gear the stock rear end squirms around a bit. I've had driver's I've been running with tell me, "your rear is squirming and dancing around quite a bit," at that point in the track.

For some reason it was only evident to me after another driver noted how his rear end is not "planted" in the exact same section, this past weekend. Then I realized that the rear subframe bushings made a big difference right there. When your car is rock solid and not squirming around you don't think about what it used to be like, you just motor right long and life is good. So, objectively that's one spot and one situation where there's absolutely no question the solid subframe bushings are really doing what they're supposed to. This is a high-speed, moderate load situation and that's where the effectiveness of this mod really shows.
No change in my opinion on the diff bushings, you can see my other posts.
Appreciate 2
exVtekGuy115.00
gmx166.00