11-10-2010, 07:07 PM   #46
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
There are products made specifically to remove waxes and synthetic sealants before polishing. Dawn makes the process a LOT faster. Also, if you're doing a full detail your'e treating the rubber as well, correct? That will restore anything the Dawn may have removed. I am by no means saying use Dawn for every wash, but a couple of times a year before a detail is fine.

Also, claying and polishing will remove waxes and sealants as well so you don't technically have to do a "wax/sealant stripping" phase.
+1

I have been using Zaino for well over 10 years now and I LOVE it..... I have used bunch of other stuff that is mentioned on this thread and think it still is best bang for the buck out there..... Their Z-2 polish is amazing, nothing pretty much compares to their Z-6 quick detailer and and Z9 & Z10 leather cleaner / conditioner makes the leather look brand new and gives the car a great smell.

As quality said above..... use whatever you want to remove the previous wax / sealant that you want. Dawn is just that much more quicker.

However, if you don't know what you are doing and looking for a quick wax job, I would not recommend Zaino. It would be way too confusing as is.....
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0