View Single Post
      02-08-2010, 01:09 PM   #28
Stu1502
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 325 MSPORT

UK LCI update problems

This is the BMW dealer response in the UK - I guess it may be the same in the US; I have an enquiry in with an independent dealer - who generally are a little bit more amenable! I also don’t like to give up without a fight. So before I fit a couple of resistors on either side 2 resistors for the outer section: 1 for the turn signal, and 1 for the rear light that comes on the night lights.
see this link USA in the UK pop along to Maplins

http://www.eautoworks.com/product-Led-33226.htm

I will wait and see what the independent dealer says

The light cluster[s] that fit in the boot/trunk Lid can be wired by reversing the wires as suggested or you can buy a small wiring harness bridge BMW genuine part see this link below (Note: This cable is for lid boot/trunk lid only lights not the ones in the rear wing.
Retrofit cable set, Facelift lights BMW PTNo. 61 12 2 150 786

http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E9...s_lci_2008/#01

I have taken out the dealer name and location, but I can confirm that it was in Yorkshire -thats the largest County in the UK for any US readers LOL

"Thank you for your enquiry about the modification of the rear light units on your BMW vehicle.
Firstly I would apologise for the slight delay in my response but I wanted to carry out additional research on the matter as there is no recognised BMW retrofit option for this work.
I have done an amount of research on this subject and can summarise my conclusions as follows:

There is no retrofit kit available from BMW or any instructions on how this could be done.
BMW do not recommend this repair and would not offer any warranty for this type of repair.
Sxxxxxl would not code out the bulb warning as this is an integral part of the car electronics.

Sxxxxxl xxxxx would be willing to connect your car through its MOST bus system to our programming equipment, this way we could establish if any upgrade could be made to the system to enable the warning system to recognise the rear led lights thus warning of any LED faults instead of Bulb failures.
When the car is connected to Program the car with the necessary changes a couple of points should be noted.
The programming could take anything between 1 - 12 hours which would incur an unspecified charge to yourself
If the programming crashes and any components are required then these will be chargeable to yourself.
We cannot guarantee in any way what the outcome of the programming would be nor do we accept any liability for any complications caused as a direct result of any programming carried out for this repair.
We strongly recommend that the car remains the standard specification."

If any one has any ideas, they would be welcome, Carsoft & Baverian Tech software will not do it, not even proffesional versions, I guess GT1 would but costs about £500.0 with a T30 Laptop from China plus shipping fee of £40.00.

Last edited by Stu1502; 03-01-2010 at 11:30 AM..
Appreciate 0