United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 Land Rover LR4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAjking View Post
So i looked up the VIN on google and it turns out that this car was owned by someone who was involved in a $100M scheme. So the government took the car and the house and now hes in Jail. Then the car was sold at an auction which was bought by this dealer.
The whole process was so interesting that it makes me want the car even more!
Good lord. This would make me want the car even less haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAjking View Post
previous owner has the title and he is out of town
Sounds like shenanigans are afoot.

If the car was purchased from an auction by a private dealer, the dealership would have the title or it would be in processing or en route to the dealer. The previous owner having it sounds fishy. The new dealership, if having purchased the car from auction, wouldn't even know who the previous owner is, and him knowing where the previous owner is... also not adding up.

If the car is sitting on a lot and being sold in some sort of consignment deal, that could make sense, but then it negates the whole auction thing. Unless it was bought at auction by a private party and being sold on a used car lot in a consignment deal?

That's tipped my scales in the "too many strange questions" direction. Seems like it would be easier to find another M3.

A few months ago there was an Alpine White e92 coupe on Craigslist in Tampa for a crazy low price with no title. The car was probably stolen.

Honestly, there are plenty of good E9Xs M3s on the market. I'd be cautious about tying yourself to one with a questionable history.

If it seems too good to be true....
Appreciate 0