View Single Post
      08-15-2019, 02:50 PM   #6
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
You make a good point: setting limits and defining how far down that rabbit hole you want to go. The way I see it, I just want something with basic track upgrades. I don't plan on totally gutting and stripping it, but I'm not really that worried about how streetable it is.

I feel like the setup you described will make something quite formidable and enjoyable without being absurd: BBK, wheels, seat + harnesses, suspension, maybe some extra cooling. Stock motor.

But what sort of ancillary costs do I need to consider as far as extra periodic maintenance, getting the car up-to-speed on track maintenance, etc?
A nice thing about not going nuts is that when you want to move to a different car/platform you can take the car back to stock and sell it, then sell the mods separately.

For basic track upgrades you can do what I had on the E92 M3:
MCS 2WNR 5k
Front PFC BBK Z54 4k (rear you can keep the stock caliper/rotor with the same compound as the front)
Sparco Ergo seats with removable halos 2k
BK Harness bar and seat mounting hardware 1k
Catless Bimmerworld Xpipe 1k
Engine tune 1k
Square 10.5" ET22 or ET27 wheels 1.4k
Bimmerworld front thrust bearing $400

So, 5+4+2+1+1+1+1.4+0.4 = 15.8

You don't have to do any cooling upgrades if you are manual unless you want to run a slick.
If the car is DCT for sure you need the cooling package from do88 and probable also do the slonik DCT pan. Figure 3k for all that.

For maintenance, the car lasts almost forever with oil changes every 5k miles, 6MT changes every 15k miles (no changes if you are DCT), diff fluid changes every 15k.

Of course the car should get rod bearings before it starts tracking unless they have been done already.
Appreciate 1
M3MPH1S592.00