07-10-2018, 06:21 PM   #54
Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 & M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricSMG View Post
Good post. I agree on the suspension overall - extremely good for an out of the box solution at my age (42). I do agree that it doesn't do well over sharp/quick ripples or transitions but really, there's always a compromise.

An Ohlins RT, for example, is really good over the sharp/quick transitions but much too 'firm' for normal driving. Can't have your cake with suspensions, I'm afraid (and I've used a lot of different setups).

Interesting note about the steering response with 359s... is the only variable the wheels (meaning identical tires/sizes)?
I went 220M's with PS4S, to 220M with AS/3+, to ZCP with PS4S in stock sizes. The second I started driving the ZCP the steering felt heavier and a touch less responsive, more initial resistance and less feel . I'm used to it now, but with the 220's the car definitely felt lighter on it's feet. The ZCP's are a great looking wheel that's very strong, but they are not a performance wheel in my opinion. Cast 20inch wheels must be awful. I'd like to try a car with forged 18's, I suspect they are quite transformational.
Appreciate 0