07-10-2018, 04:22 PM   #52
Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 & M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricSMG View Post
I totally agree that it's worth more, and, generally more desirable. It's cool and exclusive and even though I prefer the 220s, the ZCP wheels are sexy.

Rereading my post above it came off as if I thought he ZCP was worthless and that's not the case. I just don't think it's a "must have" - it's a sorta take it or leave it kinda thing. I objected the poster who I quoted who suggested that no one wants a non-ZCP car.

The same argument happens with the 46M and F8XMs, although without question the latter is by far the most thorough comp pack to date and really does change the overall nature and character of the car.... and dramatically changes the look with those pimp daddy 666s. But even so, there are plenty of people who don't want that.
Your point was valid. The ZCP package infers a very small performance benefit suspension wise, but the wheels are heavier so its a wash. I can tell a significant difference between my 220m's and ZCP 359's in terms of steering weight and responsiveness. I even thought about selling my 359's but they just look so damn good. From my understanding the biggest weakness of the stock suspension is the rebound, the ZCP doesn't change that. The button still only deals with the compression element.

I would agree that standard EDC suspension in sport setting is a mess, I never use it. Normal is perfect for fast road driving, supple and deals well with bumps. It's not great at very fast transitions but that is not helped by the cars weight. The drop would be nice cosmetically, but you could just get DINAN stage 1 and have basically the same effect.

Recently I have ridden in a number of non performance cars that felt a lot choppier and no where near as well dampened. I rode in a Mazda 6 with 30k miles on it and it felt awful, same with and f10 5 series I rode in which felt very over sprung (this affects a lot of modern cars looking to be 'sporty') despite having huge sidewall tires.

Ultimately the stock M3 suspension is fantastic, compromised if you want more extreme but for a huge spectrum of driving types its very impressive. Every time I cruise in comfort mode i'm reminded at just how civil it is when you want it to be.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34451.50