cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
This is one of the hardest things for me. I can't even get one day into a vacation without a phone call from work.

Last year I started leaving my phone on "Do not Disturb" if I carried it out... but mainly it stayed in the house the entire time we were on the beach.

I would check it once a day and that was it. Best vacation I have had in awhile.
With technology these days it is hard to disconnect, but you must. Just because people can call you doesn't mean they should call you. There are no longer any boundaries around work and off time. When does the work day end? I put an out of office message on my email stating I will be out until X date with limited access to vm and email. I will respond as soon as possible and give contact info should someone need immediate assistance. I still check my emails and my office voicemails show up in my email. I very rarely give my cell number to customers.

Working for someone is different, I'm sure. People are now expected to be available 24/7. I don't do that to my employees. We will have someone on call to deal with emergencies (perceived or real) and they can get to management if need be. I am a firm believer in respecting someone's off time unless absolutely necessary.
MKSixer34184.50