View Single Post
      11-23-2009, 09:09 AM   #74
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

I continue to amazed by the bitching here in this thread about the S65 and lack of low end torque.The S65 is an engine that is an amazing experiance to drive every time I get to run it out in the upper reaches of the rev band.It has a useable power band of over 4000 rpm on track which makes this car very easy to drive fast.I have had cars that have very flat low end power curves with big torque and they not have the great feel that the way these cars do,that gets the excitment going when I drive this car.The fuel milege is acceptable for the level of performance that is provided but the range could be better.My wifes 335 has great fuel milege but has almost no excitment when using its available power so boosted cars are of little interest to me.
Yes there are faster cars but they are not as well balanced as all rounders as the M and I guess if you a lazy driver who does not like the shift,then the S65 will disapoint.If that is the case go get a C63 or an IS-f and save us the pain of the same threads over & over again rehashing this so called issue which is a non issue if you are a true driver.
Appreciate 0