View Single Post
      07-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #86
m3an
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Well, you haven't left... You're funny. Just can't quit, eh?

If you call validated physics and engineering ridiculous then you better not even be driving a car. That is how YOUR CAR was conceived, designed, engineered and made possible. For that matter you better also go get a Ph.D. and prove that physics doesn't work...

Let's examine this a bit more closely. I have some evidence. You think physics based evidence is invalid. However, you have ZERO "real world" data whatsoever. You don't even have bad and insufficient real world data. You have unadulterated speculation and I am being ridiculous? Let's let basic logic decide who is being ridiculous here.

My bet was not based on simulation. You do not appear to have very good reading comprehension. It is based on running a real world test. However, you still do not understand what it takes to do accurate testing. You simply cannot use two cars for this kind of test. There can be more than enough variation in those cars due to natural variation in output as well as variation is output from their state of break in. There can also be enough variation from vehicle weight, tires and tire wear and a host of other relatively small factors. You obviously should not use 2 drivers as well. That effect would clearly overwhelm any conclusion one was trying to form. Now that being said, if you established the equality of two particular cars before the FD mod, and established this with some statistics and measured the certainty of their equality in performance then perhaps you could accomplish the test with two cars, but again probably not with 2 drivers. Almost for sure not with you and I driving.

Again, as I have been trying to drill into your head over and over: To test the effectiveness of a modification such as supercharging that makes a large power increase, such great care in testing is not required. However, when the modification will produce miniscule gains in a particular contest the only way to determine if it actually makes a difference is careful, methodical testing along with multiple tests to build up some basic statistics.

I know this is all likely completely lost on you but I know many others simply "get it".

Please, please do some more thinking on this before you knee jerk reply.

Dude you sound ridiculous, this is a car forum.. What do you say to all the drag racers in NHRA or IHRA competing against one another?? That they shouldn't b/c there's too many variables, that two diff people cannot drive diff cars? WOW!! I'm flawed at what I am reading.
That's a real scenario, Me and you, 2 m3s, one (mine) w/ 4:10 gears in a 1/4 mile. What's not to get?? That's called grudge racing, look it up and leave your physics sims to another forum, this is car talk; we don't need that crap here.
Appreciate 0