View Single Post
      08-01-2012, 04:51 PM   #279
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
The Glen was awesome, it had something for everyone! Got to see some cool cars and a whole bunch of nice driving. It was great to see our friends from Quebec, and folks from all over the US.

I was a lot more comfortable with the car coming into this event, and was able to push the car much harder. I went from a best lap of 2:37 from the prior event to a best lap of 2:23.9. This video is from my second session, where I ran a couple laps in the 2:24.x range (still a ways off from the mid-teens that good 911 - and M3 - drivers run).

Watching the video though, I'm still turning in a bit too early in 1, not pushing hard enough up the esses, and braking too early in 7,8,9. And I still got to work on my shifting (went into 6th instead of 4th a couple times out of the bus stop).
Corner 1 you can use the rumble strips on the inside without upsetting the car.Going fast through the Esses onto the straight is something you have to build up to,Use a lot more of the turtles & curbing in the bustop and you will be a lot faster through there.I use 4th through there now and carry enough speed that I need light braking in 5 to get the car to turn tighter.Overall not bad at all just need a little more aggression with the throttle & brakes.
Appreciate 0