View Single Post
      08-14-2011, 09:41 PM   #18
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheStig View Post
Thanks so much for all that info! I really appreciate the science lesson I just hope my mother's oncologist says the same thing because I think he's the only one she will believe about this.

UPDATE:
It seems that now the rest of the neighborhood is catching on and they're all mega pissed about it and want to join the effort to stop it. The only problem is that it's already been approved by the county so I'm not sure what good it'll do at this point.
Hopefully the oncologist remembers physics class from pre-med / medical school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood07 View Post
We had the same issue at home. One of my family members got sick and he was told it could very well be radiation from the pole. He had to sleep with a net over his bed to keep out radiation. Long story short, my mother forced us to move out..we did and never looked back. Goodluck.
Sounds like the net was acting like a Faraday Cage. Such a "cage" is any sort of mesh (or even solid sheet) of conducting material. Any electromagnetic (light) wave will have electric and magnetic fields associated with it. The magnetic fields will generate a small current in the mesh... and that current will actually in turn create a field of its own (by Ampere's law). This field will be in the opposite direction of the original field and "cancel" it out.

However, all this is unnecessary, as I honestly doubt the waves from the cell tower actually caused the sickness. Placebo effect can go a long way.

Though, the principle of this whole situation is just kind of wrong. This cell tower is something which affects the whole neighborhood. There are reasons for residential zoning laws. What may be acceptable in a commercial space, or out in the woods, it not necessarily okay to do around people's houses. I'd still fight it.

Appreciate 0