10-31-2011, 05:14 PM   #338
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
Find the quote that I bashed a member for choosing a GT-R, seriously. PM it to me, you're fluffing this thread enough as it is.

Two quick points.

1. Your first statement is exactly the type of post that I go after. In this post you throw the M3 under the bus and ride off in a GT-R, that is just naive. You are comparing apples vs. oranges, the M3 is 40k less, and -100hp. I'm not even sure why you would post this response as you just did, I clearly stated that the M3 is not in the same segement, market, or perfromance group as a GT-R, yet you seem to come back and want to remind me that the GT-R "kills the M3". The playing field is not even between the GT-R and the M3, stop posting as if it is. This entire performance bargain comment is getting stretched out the door, maybe in the used market but at 100k, you have a lot of other great competitors like Viper, Corvettes, etc.

2. Posts are biased, your opinion is your opinion and that is it. People are constantly throwing their own opinions around all day, hence the forum idea. Example, your opinion is that an M3 is a "wannabe sports car", that is clearly not the truth.

Don't mistake my issue with the choice of a GT-R over an M3, it's more against these types of posts (the one you just made). There is no need to constantly throw down the M3 to put the GT-R up. BMW already made a GT-R killer, it's called a 335ix. J/k couldn't resist.

Also, notice how I posted something positive about the GT-R, and yet you somehow turned it negative...That is trolling.

1. I'm not throwing the M3 under the bus. It's an excellent machine but it's not the pure sports car it use to be anymore. I LOVE the M3. Try to drive my cousins e93 anytime. The fact of the matter is, the GT-R for the price is a bargain, the performance is outstanding, and BMW has nothing to compete with it.(Which is sad for the 'ultimate driving machine') How is the 'budget supercar comment getting stretched out the door? What other car goes from 0-60 in 2.9 seconds? or beats it for less then 100k? I'll list them.

1.911 Turbo S
2. Lamborghini Aventador
3. Bugatti Veyron

That's pretty much the top 3. All well over $100k. Now, the 2013 may not be as much of a bargain with it's price increase, but the original GT-R was pretty amazing at $85k.

2. I didn't turn any statement into a negative. As much as I adore the M3, people on these boards think it's the be all end all of cars and it's not.

3. JB4 that 335xi, y0.
Appreciate 0