09-30-2020, 09:21 PM   #31
GTBrandon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
what new bike would you use to go from Maryland to Arizona and back.

BMW Adventure bike could be priced in the mid-twenties.

Ducati multi-Strada could be priced high-teens.

I'm a little guy didn't really want a 800 pound Harley.

Curious your choice and how you would spend your money.
I just did this trip in June. Went from VA to CA and then back, 8500 miles over 3 weeks. Really depends how young at heart you are, and what you’re looking to get out of it.

I started on an 04’ Yamaha Warrior which made me so happy to ride, no windscreen and my legs stretched out. That clutch went out in CO and I ended up buying a 13’ Triumph Tiger to finish the trip. Is the ADV more comfortable on a roadtrip? Absolutely. But does it give you the same satisfaction, In my
opinion no. It’s too easy, and too boring. To me motorcycles are about character, and doing a cross country trip like this is about the pure joy you have while riding. Don’t get me wrong I still sent it on the PCH while the hard bags were hanging off the side of the Tiger, but it’s not the same as a bike with some character behind it.

Comfort for eating up miles, ADV, but sometimes that’s not the important part. My buddy who came with was on a Triumph Speed Triple, so really you can do this on any bike and have a blast. I’d just think about exactly what you want out of the journey.
Appreciate 1
overcoil3073.50