View Single Post
      07-24-2019, 04:20 PM   #28
Astro_train
Private
Rep
Drives: 19 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
The RIA versus the GT4 wheel is an interesting comparison. I happen to have both on hand right now. The GT4 wheel is surprisingly light, great bang for buck. BBS RIA build quality is better. It simply has more details to the design, it's forged, and about 1/2 lb lighter.

Fitting 10.5 on the front is not all that difficult. Fitting an 11 on the front is possible but does require a specific setup. I don't think -4 camber is required based on my testing. I'm at -3.3 and believe I can fit an 11" wheel in front with my camber and 295's.

Pic of the two wheels side by side for comparison >>>>

RIA vs GT4 by slicerM, on Flickr
really appreciate you chiming in, I been googling both wheels comparing both(your posts come up BTW ), I did not know the GT4 wheel was not forged. So for around $1k more, the RI-A is the clear choice to go with.

So what size of spacer would be needed to clear the stock calipers on an M3/M4 with on the GT4 wheel? No one seems to be able to post an exact size.. everyone just says 25 mm. If it is 25 mm one would be at +5 effective offset and with a 11 inch rim, that is pretty aggressive... if this is the case, to gain half an inch of wheel size isn't worth it so again, the BBS wheel would be the clear choice.

and the RIA Is being discontinued.. so I was told.. is this accurate? Appreciate all the info Slicer.

I am looking to have two sets of aftermarket wheels for this car for the next 3 years not including the stock wheels. I picked up a set of Titan 7s and the RI-As are at the top of my list as second choice.. I think they are a good middle ground for style, quality and price.
Appreciate 0