05-29-2019, 09:49 AM   #29
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 SS E90, 11 Moonstone E92

It’s update time!

This update takes place in March 2019.

In case you were wondering what or who Fireball Coatings is, they are a local Coating shop that focuses on Performance Coatings and Powdercoating.

I had consulted them many years ago to do some work on my Subaru Gabby’s Equal Length Headers and Catted Downpipe.

I decided to use them again, and have them Ceramic Coat my recently acquired Challenge Race X-Pipe. This is a totally optional thing to do…it’s definitely not a “must-have” but rather a “nice-to-have.” The purpose of the Ceramic Coat is to reduce thermal surface temperatures and heat transfer, essentially keeping the heat inside the Exhaust Pipe…which in theory should increase horsepower.

The results speak for themselves!

Before:

After:

Special thank-you goes out to Mark@Fireball Coatings for bringing life back into the X-Pipe!

To conclude this update, I want to address one of my ABSOLUTE favourite rims on these cars…TE37s in Magnesium Blue! I saw a couple for sale throughout the month of March. 99% of them were staggered, but ONE set…the UNICORN set, was being sold by Johnny (M3Post Member: “Johnny250”). Johnny’s rare set is literally a BRAND NEW IN BOX set of OG TE37s in Magnesium Blue in the specs 18x10+25 Square Setup!!! It literally doesn’t get much better than that!

Here’s how they look on the car of M3Post Member: “Erickuokwa” :

It’s funny because Eric’s car is Silverstone too with the exact same wheel specs that Johnny is selling, so I literally got to see my dream wheels on my exact same colour car! Who knows what may happen… you’ll have to stay tuned for the next update, and let me tell you that you definitely DON’T WANT TO MISS IT!
- 2008 BMW E90 M3 - Silverstone - Racecar

Last edited by reidetailing; 07-11-2020 at 09:50 PM..
Appreciate 1