11-05-2009, 01:31 PM   #7
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
Hmm what about Galveston? Corpus Christi? I think I'll plugg in BMW of Houston dealers into the NAV now. Clearbra too? Dayum is it that bad? I thought DC roads were bad! Any recs as to full front clear bra or what to cover? Guess I should do it before I go down huh? Am familiar with the food choices...been there many times for TDY and yes the Riverwalk does get old after the 3rd or 4th trip! LOL Too bad it that I can't get orders changed to Dallas, Houston, or Austin it sounds like me and my M3 will be all by our lonesome in the Lone Star state...at least this part of it!
well as a native texan, i've been to the riverwalk a few times for pleasure, but didn't even go once while i was working down there. it's a crowded tourist trap and nothing else. but if you're going to be stationed in san antonio, you might as well take your bimmer to austin for anything greater than an oil change or brake service. it's closer than houston, and cooler, too. and echoing tom, i-35 between dallas and the mexican border is probably the worst stretch of road in the united states. not only is the highway in shoddy disrepair, but it needs to be 8 lanes all the way from dallas to mexico. the amount of 18-wheeler NAFTA traffic is staggering. san antonio is like a big small town. the best thing SA has got going for them are the spurs and the alamo. that's really the only two things to call home about. (and as a mavs fan, i HATE the spurs ) the town is compiled with a bunch of rough neighborhoods with a couple good neighborhoods scattered in the mix. most of the good areas are far outside of the city center (near and north of 1604), with the exception of alamo heights. but yes, clear bra is highly advisable. full front and fenders is what i'd recommend. san antonio is not an m3 friendly city. /end rant haha
Appreciate 0