11-28-2022, 06:01 AM   #52
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
Don't hold your breath waiting for a response from the Tire Rack. Even on this thread over a 6.5 year time period only 19 posts were ever made. That's about 3 per year by @Rudy@tirerack

You asked:
1) Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 on an e92 m3. Answer: They work great and deliver about 95% of the PS4S peak grip in dry and wet but with better deep water hydroplaning performance and wear life. They come with a 45K mileage warranty.

2) How would this preform in the winter? Answer: The PSAS4 is NOT a dedicated winter or snow tire but it still delivers decent snow mobility to get around in mild snow covered winter road conditions. Think snow depths of 1 to 3 inches.

3) And how would it preform to a full snow tire? Answer: PSAS4 delivers about 70% to 75% of peak grip of a dedicated winter snow and ice tire depending upon the test vehicle and conditions. IF you live in areas where certified "snow flake" winter tires are required such as Canada then buy a Winter Snow tire instead. If you want snow performance slightly higher than PSAS4 but below a dedicated winter tire then buy the Cross Climate (which has lower wet and dry grip than the PSAS4). See chart below.

4) Would it be totally screwed as soon as I encountered any type of snow? Answer: No
Great post !

Speaking about tires ,
3 weeks ago I've put the new "Michelin's CrossClimate 2" at my Mini .

My findings :
In the wet , the grip of these tires is "Phenomenal" !
There is no competition for this tires in the rain ..
In the tests they show also a great grip in the snow .
Because It's actually a 4 seasons tire .

Downside :
They make more road noise by the extreme grip , but it's never annoying .
The tire tread (big V-profile) looks ugly.

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 11-28-2022 at 06:08 AM..
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50