United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Fojtik View Post
Hello, I was just wondering what you would think of a Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 on an e92 m3. How would this preform in the winter? And how would it preform to a full snow tire?
Would it be totally screwed as soon as I encountered any type of snow?
Thanks
Don't hold your breath waiting for a response from the Tire Rack. Even on this thread over a 6.5 year time period only 19 posts were ever made. That's about 3 per year by @Rudy@tirerack

You asked:
1) Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 on an e92 m3. Answer: They work great and deliver about 95% of the PS4S peak grip in dry and wet but with better deep water hydroplaning performance and wear life. They come with a 45K mileage warranty.

2) How would this preform in the winter? Answer: The PSAS4 is NOT a dedicated winter or snow tire but it still delivers decent snow mobility to get around in mild snow covered winter road conditions. Think snow depths of 1 to 3 inches.

3) And how would it preform to a full snow tire? Answer: PSAS4 delivers about 70% to 75% of peak grip of a dedicated winter snow and ice tire depending upon the test vehicle and conditions. IF you live in areas where certified "snow flake" winter tires are required such as Canada then buy a Winter Snow tire instead. If you want snow performance slightly higher than PSAS4 but below a dedicated winter tire then buy the Cross Climate (which has lower wet and dry grip than the PSAS4). See chart below.

4) Would it be totally screwed as soon as I encountered any type of snow? Answer: No
Attached Images

'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/LUX H8 180/BPM Sport DCT Tune/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint

Last edited by DrFerry; 11-27-2022 at 06:41 PM..
Appreciate 2