View Single Post
      05-03-2014, 02:18 PM   #79
gpitts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G07 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTM View Post
The fuel purge valve / tank breather is the only thing that makes sense to me if the problems are occurring only after you fill the tank. If the valve is "sticky", then filling the tank may be changing the vapor pressure just enough to cause the tank to vapor lock, thus starving the pump intermittently. That is also why the techs might be chasing fuel pump and TVA issues...they are getting fooled by the symptom.

I could be way off...but what strikes me is how the symptoms seem to always be after filling the tank. Can't see how that would affect pump/actuators/injectors...but could affect the breather / evap system.

While waiting for the dealer to fix it, try filling to only 7/8 of a tank and see if that helps.
The other thing that backs up your thinking is that - at least in my situation - I never saw any sort of fault logged. This implies that the source of the issue is upstream of the part of the fuel and engine control system that is monitored, which is pretty much the items we're discussing.