View Single Post
      08-11-2020, 09:23 PM   #9
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 //M3 e90 Interlagos Blue

Garage List
I did the Leatherique treatment this summer. It doesn't fix the scuffing on the bolsters.
It came out nice in terms of a matte fresh leather look and softens the leather over time...but I couldn't do it all in 48 hours...stretched it out over 2 weeks (front seats and then rear).

Autogeek in Florida is the same as Palm Beach Motoring on Amazon. Autogeek has sales on products every weekend, sign up for promo codes. You need the 32 oz bottles of the Rejuvenator Oil, but for the Pristine Clean you only need 16oz (warm water is enough)...but they make 32 oz and 16 oz kits.

The Colourlock system is for repairing scuffs in your bolsters with dye. 8-10 coats is a little extreme, but maybe with black leather, you dont need that many coats. You need a heat gun to speed up the drying of the leather dye between coats.

Check the rear seats...if the leather looks nice and matte, but is stiff like cardboard then you should Leatherique the interior leather...and wait a week or two. Then use Colourlock to fix the scuffs on the front seat using their dye and filler. The filler is needed for any creases or cracks. Finish with Leather Shield 1-2 days later to coat your work. Later you can use the Leather Protector to condition the leather, depending on how hard or soft your leather is. Leather Protector can go beneath the Leather Shield apparently to condition the leather.

If your steering wheel is slimy/shiny or the leather is cracked/worn...go for a custom steering wheel. The original M3 steering wheel was always shiny, so you might never get to the modern BMW matte leather steering wheel feel that you see on BMW cars after 2016. A new custom steering wheel makes the car feel great, every time you drive it.

If it wasn't going to be 108deg F in LA this weekend I would try the Colourlock treatment. Maybe next weekend. I have new steering wheel goodies to install in the shade this weekend in the early AM.

Cheers

Last edited by nyc_dude; 08-23-2020 at 06:12 PM..
Appreciate 0