View Single Post
      06-14-2019, 09:40 AM   #59
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Ok I got the adjuster unstuck. Pro tip - adjust these more than once every 6 months if you're daily driving.

Also, I tried cranking these up a fair amount and after a certain point the ride really doesn't get much worse than the "soft" settings. I'm at "10 clicks" out of 20, so right smack in the middle of the adjustment range, and it feels pretty much exactly the same as EDC Sport in my friend's E92 I rode in a few months ago. I kinda like it. The car settles down super-quick over bumps now. I suppose it makes sense as the dampers start to get a "knee" curve after a certain point in the adjustment range which the feeling I'm used to on "good" dampers. The harshness over small stuff is unchanged, it's just a bit busier over small heaves and concrete expansion joints, but also feels a lot better controlled.

It is definitely a busier ride than the MCS for the same control. But I like them a lot more cranked up than I did cranked down. The MCS double remotes were always tied-down feeling until the very bottom
Of the softest adjustments where it could start to float. You have to get the Sachs further to to their range to get the same control, and their valving just doesn’t have that pimp shocks “it factor” that seems to perfectly balance rise and control. But it’s tolerable and some of that is the very aggressive tire I’m running

Last edited by Richbot; 06-14-2019 at 10:42 AM..
Appreciate 0