View Single Post
      01-06-2019, 11:50 PM   #75
wichitagreg
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9krpmrx8 View Post
It is true in San Antonio as well. My BMW dealer (only 1) is marginal at best in terms of service and experience. Meanwhile, my boss owns a number of Mercedes and Porches and both the MB dealer (Boerne Mercedes, 1 of 2 MB dealers) and the Porsche dealer (only 1) are on their game in terms of the quality of the work and the customer experience.

You can't make it ten feet into the Merc or Porsche dealer without someone offering to help you, or get you something to eat or drink. At our local BMW dealer you will just stand there until you are able to stop or interrupt a staff member.
My recent (first) experience with BMW of San Antonio (on I-10) near 1604) went fine. I am the second owner on a M235iConvertible still under factory warranty, took it in for warranty on the display, and to have the brake fluid flushed. Also had them apply a new nav map update.
Greeted promptly, asked what I needed, and gave me a ride to the airport. I later asked for a discount on my work because I didn't take a loaner car and got a $100 off.
I have not dealt with the sales staff. But while I was walking around the showroom looking at $100k + stickers, no one bothered me. Of course, the way I dress, they probably thought I was a homeless vet looking for a warm bathroom to sleep in.
Appreciate 0