Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
I'd throw in the Giulia Quadrifoglio. Driving this car on a mountain canyon road, even with a automatic transmission, blew my mind. It felt so much more raw than the F80 M3/M4. It delivered crazy precise steering feedback, handling was incredible and the car shrunk around you as you went faster... and the noise - it was a glorious sound coming from the engine and exhaust.

If they can address the reliability and put in a proper manual transmission, it'd be high on my list of M3 successor cars.
You drove a Quad? Really? Lucky you. Did it feel at all 'quirky' inside? Anything really weird, or not what you expected in the layout? Is all the fawning and gushing by the automotive media justified? Sounds like it from your comments. And I bet that ferrari engine lives up to its reputation. Please.. give us a proper stick and some reliability, and I think they'll do really well with this model.. Sure wouldnt mind owning one myself. I have a neighbor who bought the TI model and he loves it.
It is definitely very nice! I drove it in Carmel for the Monterey car week. They hosted it at a winery... in typical Italian hospitality, they treated us to great wine, food and good jazz music. (only able to drink after the drive) The interior is kind of different with the start button on the steering wheel. For the most part, it's pretty normal inside. Material quality isn't that great but liveable. Exterior, the car looks so much more aggressive than a regular Giulia with the carbon fiber diffusers, quad exhausts and other unique Quadrifoglio parts. It looks like the Quad was the car car the Giulia was made to be... then they took off a bunch of stuff to make it cheaper for the regular model. The M3 is a tuned up 3 series, the Giulia is a down tuned Quadrifoglio.

The car lives up the hype. It was seriously impressive. During the whole drive, I was thinking to myself, this is the car BMW needs to make. It's pure fun, I was having a great time behind the wheel. Driving normally, it feels like a sedan. When you drive fast on twisty roads, it feels like you're driving a gokart - it darts and feels light on its feet, then when you feed the throttle, the big power comes on with a roar that changes to a scream as the RPM goes up and you're aware 500hp is under your foot. Lift throttle and it sounds like firecrackers popping on the overrun. No M3 from the last decade drives like that!

I'm just wary of the reliability. There's a lot of reports of cars breaking down and other issues.

I do have a video of me starting the car, but I haven't uploaded it.
Attached Images

Last edited by Z K; 12-13-2017 at 06:35 PM..
Appreciate 4