04-15-2012, 01:44 AM   #2
rhouck
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Frequently Asked Questions

1. How much does this cost?

Retail on the necessary hardware is ~$700, but is available from vendors from less. I have also talked to a BMW dealer about possible group buy pricing. Otherwise, there is always the used market.

You also need to pay for coding and calibration.

2. Does the servotronic steering work?

Yes, everything works. The only differences are software (besides what is outline below; there is no steering rack difference).

3. Do you need an "M" button?

No. By default, the top button (the diamond) is the "M" button and the remaining button is still programmable (same as a standard M-drive car). One could replace it with an actual M button but it is a purely cosmetic change; the current button functions identically.

4. What hardware do I need?

That depends on if you have a rain sensor or not.

If you HAVE a rain sensor, you need: 61 31 9 123 060

If you DO NOT HAVE a rain sensor, you need 61 31 9 123 061

5. Do I need I-drive?

Undetermined. You may need it just to change settings, but this still needs to be determined.

I would say the first step is for someone to check the above part numbers against a 2011.5+ model and ensure they are the same (or if not identical, that is not just an issue of superseded part numbers).

6. Do I need anything besides the hardware?

Yes, the car requires coding and calibration. You will need to contact Mike Benvo on the forums for details on how to get this done.

Last edited by rhouck; 04-16-2012 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 1
HOVM347.00