Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploo View Post
Nawaaz,

I thought about a GT-R for some time as well. But I'd only own one within the warranty period, and the maintenance costs are horrendous (full fluid changes, astronomical OEM rotor/pad costs, increased tire costs) compared to the M, and I plan on keeping this car for ~6-8 years. At that level of maintenance cost, I'd rather own a 997.1 GT3, frankly. But the allure of the GT-R is the sheer performance...very understandable. At the end of the day I realized the GT-R was a performance fantasy for me but not a realistic option for a daily driver. If you go drive one though, give me a call! I didn't go for any test drives...on purpose

Finally just a thought: IMHO youth is our time to maximize savings. To be truly wealthy down the road, one must make some smart financial decisions early during your career. Trading in a 1-2 year-old car is almost never a sound fiscal move...who knows, a bit of restraint now may well mean comfortably affording a weekend F-car 10 years down the line I was tempted to jump into a porsche but for this and a couple other reasons decided to bide my time and stay with an M. I need a GT3 ASAP
You're absolutely correct on your thought.

It's all about savings & investment, most especially during the early stages of one's career.

It takes a lot of patience and perseverance in order to follow through when accomplishing any goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
moral of the story: if you don't want to be hopelessly addicted to a seriously fast car, never test drive a gt-r.
Whew, good thing I didn't go for a test drive then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatarchitect View Post
That's why God made sport bikes.
Appreciate 0