05-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #17
jwaggen
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sears View Post
Hell, my car got broken into (bashed in the passenger window) and they didn't take my V1. It was right there. They opened my glove box and my center console. Nothing was in the glove box other than some papers. My ipod was in the holder on the bottom of the console armrest so i guess they didn't see it, it wasn't stolen either. Basically, they just trashed my car, requiring a new window, door panel, trim and for my passenger seat to be repaired due to scratches from the glass. My guess is radar detectors aren't perceived as very valuable. Probably harder to sell than a gps. I'd note that other than my radar detector, nothing was in view. I don't keep laptop bags in my car or anything else and if I do, they are always in my trunk.
I was wondering the same thing and searched here for this -- IMHO radar detectors are becoming far removed from the purview of the 'average' person (thieves). I'd think phones, GPS units, etc. would be first pick. Do you guys think people (thieves) realize that a V1 or 8500 are $300+ units?