View Single Post
      05-16-2022, 11:12 AM   #64
nsogiba
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 6MT Interlagos

Finally knocked out the oil change on the X5. FCP's warranty program continues to work well.

The billet oil filter tool is awesome and works for both the N54 and N55.

I have done hundreds of oil changes on many cars and never once had an issue with a drain plug until now. The plug came out with a high level of resistance, and inspection of the threads revealed they were almost totally stripped out. Cue the "Taps" music...

Going slowly with the tap coated in oil and pouring a few quarts of oil through the crankcase worked well to flush it. No leaks. Hooray.

Back to M3 content!

Important mod - adds at least 10 hp.

My buddy bought me a membership, mainly to allow us to attend BMW CCA HPDE's in our region. I have a bunch of track time under my belt in my old C5 Corvette but have yet to take the M3 out, so when he told me about an HPDE at PittRace in June, I jumped at the opportunity to get some seat time.

Jaguar is tying up my lift so I went old school and started the track prep in the driveway.

New rear tires - Hankook Ventus V12 in a stock size

Power Steering flush with Pentosin

Brake fluid flush with RBF 600

Power Stop Track Day pads all around

Ended up only using one of these.

Fluid was very dark.

A few random pics of just using it for everything. This car really does it all - daily driver/commuter, weekend adventures, whatever.

Side note - randomly found this model at Lowe's by the checkout. No Interlagos, but Alpine will do!

2009 E92 M3 | 6MT | Interlagos Blue
Progress Thread

2016 F15 X5 35i | 8AT | Sophisto Grey
Appreciate 2