View Single Post
      04-28-2021, 11:25 AM   #53
nsogiba
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 6MT Interlagos

Over the weekend I took a quick trip along the lake to Cleveland with a friend and his E39 M5 to get away from the hectic pace of life. Put about 500 miles on the car (all Thruway there, all back roads via PA Allegheny State Forest on the way back). Averaged about 18-22mpg pushing the car and with a significant aerodynamic disadvantage...

Doing touristy things:

Tucked away underneath the hotel for the night.

The next morning we made a quick pit stop in Mentor Ohio to pick up a new toy. Covid-based demand for outdoor equipment has forced people to ask outrageous prices for used kayaks locally and they are unavailable locally new, so this was the closest location that had the model I wanted. Enter the M3 truck:

Aside from wind noise you wouldn't even know it was there, and rock solid even up to triple digit speeds.

We wound our way through the Ohio back roads and entered NW PA, crossing the Pymatuning Reservoir...

...and stopping for a quick break at the Kinzua Dam.

The car performed flawlessly; my only complaint was that the exhaust droned a bit at highway speeds. I really need to start that vacuum cutout project...

2009 E92 M3 | 6MT | Interlagos Blue
Progress Thread

2016 F15 X5 35i | 8AT | Sophisto Grey
Appreciate 4
Msidhu195.50
Rochen_00349.50
akkando5864.50