Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 6MT Interlagos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
I love reading this thread!
Glad you enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin_83 View Post
I have to say, one of the best threads in terms of all the cool stuff you did, totally pushed the boundaries (installing a trailer hitch on an E92 M3) and just how adept you are at doing any kind of mods.

I say forget the aerospace thing, you should have your own channel on some car blog, like Motor Trend or Car & Driver. Really fun to read and then see the stuff you did.

And by-the-by - if you want purists to really freak out, take the M3 to a cars & coffee and have the trailer hauling an engine. Ideally an S65, just so's you can tell people you always want to be prepared.

Keep updating - I think we all enjoy the posts!

Cheers,
Merlin
Thanks for all the kind words. I would really enjoy starting some kind of Youtube channel or blog page. Right now it's tough finding time to get out in the garage with my daughter being so young, let alone having time for editing pictures and posts, etc. But, the thought is always in the back of my mind!

PS - Once upon a time I had a snowmobile I wanted to sell, so I tossed it on the trailer and brought it to Buffalo Cars and Coffee for some free advertising.

Quick update - I dropped the car off at Autocouture Motoring in NJ to have the rod bearings serviced, and I'm glad I did. Matt and his team were courteous and efficient - I'm picking the car up this Friday and driving it back home.

Note: Mileage on these bearings is 64,000. I've owned the car for about 3,000 of those miles.

In terms of future maintenance, I will continue to change the oil every 5,000 miles with Liqui-Moly 10W60. Since I have a clean slate now, I may even start using the Blackstone analysis as I plan on keeping the car long term.

2009 E92 M3 | 6MT | Interlagos Blue
Progress Thread

2016 F15 X5 35i | 8AT | Sophisto Grey
Appreciate 2