B.E.
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 & 1969 Mustang Fastback

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptCommie View Post
My X5d tows better than a F150. Don't @ me.
i think i'm done with these european diesels. all kinds of smog crap adapted to them that isn't supposed to be on there. right now i think she has a fuel delivery problem, but i'm not 100% sure. we just had the carbon cleaning done- heads/manifold/swirl flaps... now something else is causing a limp mode. the car is paid for, and we are hoping to hold out for about a year, but if the dealer comes back with a $4k estimate, its adios. its about a $6k car.

the only other diesel i would take a look at are the cayennes, but i'm not sure if she's going to go for that.
i have been looking at the ~2013 cayenne S models. 400hp 4.3 n/a V8. doesn't look too complicated under the hood either. solid 7,700lb rating and porsche reliability.
We picked up a Range Rover Sport diesel almost a year ago and I've been driving it around since my F80 lease ended. Not a bad car, probably going to install a hitch and make it my tow car. Only thing I can see bothering someone would be having to top off the diesel exhaust fluid every couple months. Pretty sure it's limit is 7700lbs like the cayenne. Can't complain for $850/month, they go for less than the gasoline options. The full size Range diesel feels a bit slow/heavy though
Appreciate 0