Front Clear Bra
RE SSK
OEM GTS Exhaust
Challenge Sport X-Pipe
Brembo F/R 380mm BBK
KW Clubsports
Volk Takata TE37s

Time for the supercharger.

I wanted a setup that would be reliable and controllable on the track. The end result is the ESS VT2 535 kit currently installed on the car. Thats right, an inter-cooled 535 kit. I wanted the lowest boost ESS SC kit I could get with the added advantage of inter-cooling. I further beefed up the kit with a Motorsport24 high capacity radiator and a Motorsport24 high capacity oil cooler.

The majority of the time spent building this car was spent installing the ESS kit, M24 radiator and M24 oil cooler. The ESS instructions are awesome and very straight forward. I also found the ESS software and cable, very easy to use.

I fit the M24 coolers into the build when the ESS instructions came to a logical install point. The M24 radiator went in after I removed the front fan. Here is the stock radiator coming out.

IMG_0193 by JMEllis, on Flickr
Here is the OE radiator next to the M24 unit.

IMG_0192 by JMEllis, on Flickr

New injectors going in!

IMG_0200 by JMEllis, on Flickr

IMG_0199 by JMEllis, on Flickr

The obligatory shot of the beautiful indv throttle bodies!

Manifold Off by JMEllis, on Flickr

Okay, so the worst part of installing the VT2 kit for me was the installation of the coolant system. Routing the hoses and mounting the heat exchanger was a continuous run of trial and error for me.

Trying to figure out the best way to route the hoses.

Routing Hoses1 by JMEllis, on Flickr

The direction I ultimately decided. I am still not convinced I picked the best route.

Routing Hoses2 by JMEllis, on Flickr

The obligatory ESS manifold shot. As IND stated in the picture thread, all business when it came to the engine bay. No pretty paint in here.... not that I have anything against it.

IMG_0201 by JMEllis, on Flickr

Here is the M24 oil cooler and the OE cooler side by side. The M24 cooler is significantly larger.

Oil Cool Vs Oil by JMEllis, on Flickr

The install is actually pretty easy, but it can be messy.

Oil Cooler Install by JMEllis, on Flickr

Finally, the software going in!

ESS Cable by JMEllis, on Flickr

More to come!
Jason

Last edited by JEllis; 11-29-2014 at 08:31 PM..
Appreciate 0